You're a Rock Star

February 2nd, 2011

Something tells me that the reason people have been in and out of the house over the past two weeks is not because I have changed our brand of kitty litter to the sweet aromatic Fresh Step or that I have drawn a new mural on the giant chalk board in our living room. I will even venture to say that no one even cares that we have a new item added to our Packer room (the new 2011 NFC Champions plaque.) Every time people come over, they bring food or presents, hand it to Ang and then grab Ryan. I stand to the side in utter confusion. How can they walk right by the Packer room, make a bee-line past the DaVinci worthy mural and find the tiniest person in the house? My cat weighs 3 times that kid, look at her....make goo-goo faces at her. So my mission is to try and work in all my new things, I have for show and tell, into the "adult" conversation between Ang and the visitor. It usually goes something like this:

Visitor: "oh, he is so cute, i think he looks like Chris."
Ang: "he is cute, I wonder if his eyes are gonna stay brown or turn colors"
Me: " yeah, I know"....(inner monologue)...look at my packer plaque!
Visitor: "His toes are so long!"
Ang: "I think he will be able to pick things up with them when he is older like I can!"
Me: "I heard Arron Rodgers has long toes, have you seen my packer plaque? Yeah, it is in the other    room, just past the mural, I drew, with chalk, cool huh?"
Visitor: "i love his full head of hair!"
Ang: "i can't believe he hasn't had any fall out yet"
Me: Can you smell that, it is the sweet smell of Fresh Step kitty liter...nice eh?"
Ang: (rolls her eyes and shakes her head) sighhh!

After my many attempts at show and tell I figure out that I just can not compete with this kid. He has it all, cool clothes, the James Dean shy act, a full head of hair, the ability to make the room laugh and say awwww (in a sweet manner, not like they do for me as if to say awwww, he must be special) Nope this kid has it all, the works-he is a rock star. As i sit aside holding my packers paraphernalia in one hand and chalk in the other I see that I need embrace the situation and not be jealous. So i will kick back and bask in his Rock Star spotlight. I just hope the next set of visitors do not think his Packers plaque-necklace and mural pajamas are too much.

 (See all his visitors below)

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment